Qualification of Board Members
The Chairman and members of the Professional Regulatory Board, at the time of their appointment shall:
- Be a citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
- Be a resident of the country for at least five (5) years immediately prior to his/her appointment;
- Be of good moral character and must not have been convicted of any crime involving moral turpitude;
- Be a qualified guidance counselor holding a valid Certificate of Registration; Provided, That in the case of the first members of the Board of Guidance and Counseling, they shall be issued Certificates of Registration as guidance counselors without prior examination;
- Be a holder of a doctoral degree in Guidance and Counseling from a reputable college or university duly recognized by the CHED and/or by a duly accredited college or university abroad;
- Have at least ten (10) years of continuous professional practice as guidance counselor or counselor educator under Republic Act No. 9258;
- Not be a member of the faculty of any school, college, or university where regular and/or review courses in guidance and counseling education is taught nor have any pecuniary interest in such institution; and
- Not be an official of the integrated and accredited national professional organization.
Republic Act No. 9258 known as the "Guidance and Counseling Act of 2004".